It’s true – Christmas vacation started this morning.
It’s only the first day – but here’s how it started at our house:
- the temperature dropped overnight and the rain turned to snow early this morning – so our first snow of the year was the morning of the first day of holidays.
- there were two dear eating at the snow-covered grass in the yard – the first deer we’ve seen in a long time
- we had a huge breakfast together as a family
- as soon as we were done – the kids were outside in the snow – and stayed out until they were too wet and tired to play anymore
- little Alma was just lying around ‘talking’ more than she ever has
The forecast is for more cool temperatures and more precipitation over the next few days – so hopefully not too much of this will melt – and they’ll be some more. Which is good because much of our snow has been sledded into the ground or rolled up into a ball.